Catherine H. Macaulay
Catherine H. Macaulay, CPA, is a tax and accounting partner joining H&B from Damitz, Brooks, Nightingale, Turner & Morrisset. She joined the firm in 1999 after working with a sole proprietor CPA firm in Santa Barbara for several years. Cathy works with family groups including individuals and their corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and trusts for both their accounting and tax needs. She has final responsibility for all Non-Profit Organization filings for both public charities and private foundations, and works closely with numerous boards and executive staff by educating them on reporting requirements. Cathy is responsible for all probate accountings (trusts, estates and conservatorships) and has forensic accounting experience with her work used in settlement mediation hearings and court proceedings. In addition, she actively provides knowledge and support to her clients through participating in numerous educational opportunities.
Cathy received a Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics with an Accounting emphasis, from University of California, Santa Barbara. She is a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Santa Barbara Estate Planning Council.
Cathy has been active in many local, non-profit organizations and volunteers at numerous fundraisers for various organizations. Most notably, Cathy is Treasurer of the Volentine Family Foundation, and a member of the Board of Directors of Coastal Housing Partnership. She also serves as a member of the Finance Committee for the Dream Foundation and the Endowment Committee for Women’s Economic Ventures. She is a former member of the Volunteer Leadership Team of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival where she was responsible for management of the Metro 4 Theatres film venue.
Her free time is filled with road trips to the National Parks, hiking the Santa Barbara front country, reading, watching movies and enjoying life with her family.
- Tax and Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Probate Accounting
- Partnerships and Trusts
- Individuals and their Corporations
- Limited Liability Companies
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics with an Accounting emphasis; University of California, Santa Barbara
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of CPAs
- Santa Barbara Estate Planning Council
- Treasurer of the Volentine Family Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of Coastal Housing Partnership
- Member of the Finance Committee for the Dream Foundation
- Board member for the Endowment Committee for Women’s Economic Ventures
- Former member of the Volunteer Leadership Team of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival