Christopher D. Harris
Chris joins H&B from Damitz, Brooks, Nightingale, Turner & Morrisset. He had been with them since 2012 after more than 12 years of experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. He has experience in public accounting during which he has provided a variety of assurance services including audits, reviews, agreed upon procedures, and internal control assessments. His client experience encompasses a broad range of industries and entity types including consumer products, entertainment, food & beverage, agriculture, not-for-profit, higher education, labor unions, health care, and employee benefit plans.
Chris received a Bachelor of the Arts in Economics and Accounting (magna cum laude) from Claremont McKenna College. He is a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. He has both developed and instructed technical professional development programs for both staff and clients on various financial reporting and internal control related topics. In addition he has been a contributor to the Wiley not-for-profit accounting guide.
Chris has been an active participant in a number of community service endeavors. He serves as board president for C.A.R.E.4Paws and Alpha Resource Center of Santa Barbara. He serves as vice president for the Santa Barbara Running Association. In addition, he is a board member and treasurer for the Santa Barbara Symphony. He also is a member of the advisory board member for Claremont McKenna College’s Athletics Department.
In his free time Chris is a passionate animal welfare advocate and endurance athlete.
- Audits and Assurance
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Internal Control Assessments
- Consumer Products
- Food & Beverage
- Higher Education
- Labor Unions
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Bachelor of the Arts in Economics and Accounting (magna cum laude); Claremont McKenna College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of CPAs
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Board member and treasurer for the Santa Barbara Symphony
- Board member and president of C.A.R.E.4Paws
- Advisory board member for Claremont McKenna College’s Athletic Department
- Vice President for the Santa Barbara Running Association
Board member and president of Alpha Resource Center of Santa Barbara