Doug Kawamura is a collaborative, responsive and trusted tax and business advisor with substantial tax knowledge and business experience. He provides out of the box solutions, with all due compliance, to meet clients’ financial and tax needs.
Doug uses his extensive proficiency and natural people skills to service domestic and international clients, including corporations, partnerships, estates, high net worth individuals, and private foundations. His practice specializes in helping clients navigate through complex estate and trust scenarios and to resolve these complicated issues with the client’s needs in mind. Doug believes in keeping in contact with clients during a project or return preparation and his clients appreciate his personal attention to details.
Prior to joining H&B, Doug served clients in various CPA organizations. He joined the Firm in 2002, and became Partner in 2004. Doug is the Tax Chairman of the Firm and the Firm’s Lead Estate Planner.
- Business Planning and Consulting
- Corporate, Partnership and Fiduciary Income Tax Planning and Compliance
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Estate Planning
- International Estate Planning
- Trust and Estate Income Tax Planning and Reporting
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Family Businesses
- High Net Worth Families
- Bachelors in Accounting; California State University at Sacramento
- Masters in Taxation; Golden State University, San Francisco
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of CPAs
- Past President of the Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley
- Board Member of the Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley
- Board Member in the Glendale Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Audit Committee for the Japanese American Cultural and Community Center
- Eagle Scout Advisor for Troop 501 in La Canada
- Former Sub-Chairman of the Taxation Committee for the Los Angeles Chapter of the California Society of CPAs
- Former Officer of the Los Angeles Estate Planning Council
- Former Senior Trustee with the New Life Christian Church in Glendale