James O. Koopmans
James Koopmans, CPA, is a tax partner and brings over 35 years of experience within the field of consulting. His area of expertise lies in assisting closely-held and family-owned businesses in proper entity structure selection, cash flow analysis, financial reporting, strategic business and tax planning, business acquisition analysis, and sales transactions. In addition, Jim has significant industry experience with real estate development and syndications, mid-sized manufacturing and distribution companies, medical practices, and law firms. He has worked with these companies in compensation and benefits planning, tax and financial planning for employee ESPP, ISO and non-qualified stock options.
Jim received his Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Business (with honors) from Westmont College. He is a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Jim is involved in benefiting the Santa Barbara community. He has taught courses in tax and accounting at Westmont College and has served on numerous charitable organization boards and committees. Most recently he was President of the Board of Directors for the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden.
In his free time, Jim enjoys spending time with his wife and two children and staying active though golf, cycling and running.
- Consulting and Compliance
- Business and Tax Planning
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Business Acquisition Analysis
- Sales Transactions
- Closely-held and Family-owned Businesses
- Real Estate
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Medical Practices
- Law Firms
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Business (with honors); Westmont College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of CPAs
- Past President of the Board of Directors for the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden