PARTNER EMERITUS, CPA
Karen Semingson excels at connecting with clients and identifying tax saving opportunities through innovative approaches. She has extensive experience providing audit and compliance services to a wide range of small to medium sized businesses, as well as several nonprofit organizations. Her approach is simple; listen, collaborate, research and put together a plan that is right for the client. Karen’s expertise also includes financial statement preparation for businesses and individual clients, and consulting services with QuickBooks accounting software.
Karen works with closely-held companies and provides technical accounting guidance. She has experience in a diverse set of industries, including professional service companies, manufacturing and distribution, agriculture, commercial real estate, nonprofit organizations, and 401K plan auditing.
Prior to joining H&B, Karen spent several years with local Northern California firms. Karen joined the Firm in 1999, was named Partner in 2005 and served as Partner in Charge of the Watsonville office in 2015. She is a member of the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing Committee.
- 401k Plan Auditing
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Financial Reporting and Assurance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Professional Service Companies
- Academic work at Ohio University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of CPAs
- Member of the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Board Member and Treasurer of United Way of Santa Cruz County
- Board Member CASA of Santa Cruz County
- Board Member of Santa Cruz County Business Council
- Past-President of the Capitola Aptos Rotary Club