PARTNER EMERITUS, CPA
Mike is a graduate of St. Mary’s College of California with a degree in accounting. After serving in the US Army for 3 years and attaining the rank of First Lieutenant, Mike began a career in public accounting that has spanned over 50 years. He spent 16 years with the international accounting firm, KPMG, where he served a wide variety of clients as an audit partner. Mike joined the California regional CPA firm of Hutchinson and Bloodgood LLP as a partner in 1988 where he served as a partner for 20 years and after retiring in 2008 serves as a Partner Emeritus for that firm.
Mike was elected the Managing Partner of Hutchinson and Bloodgood LLP in 2001 and served in that capacity for 5 years. In that position he was responsible for management oversight of the Firm’s 4 offices and for coordinating the Firm’s strategic planning.
In addition to his management responsibilities, Mike was closely involved with his individual and business clients by providing them with a broad range of accounting, tax, and consulting services.
Mike is active in the community where he is a member and Past President of the Watsonville Rotary Club, Past President of the Cabrillo College Foundation, Past Treasurer of the United Way of Santa Cruz and member and Past Chairman of the Santa Cruz County Business Council.
- Audit and Accounting
- Financial Planning and Consulting
- Individuals and Family Businesses
- Accounting Degree; St. Mary’s College of California
- Member and Past President of the Watsonville Rotary Club
- Past President of the Cabrillo College Foundation
- Past Treasurer of the United Way of Santa Cruz
- Member and Past Chairman of the Santa Cruz County Business Council